Monday, October 4, 2010

What are the keys to success in the music industry?

google-site-verification: googlea01fb84285b9775a.html

Let me start out by saying success is in the eyes of the beholder. On my journey through the music industry I met several people that are extremly successful. They all had one thing in common each person was discontent. These are indivuals that started out with nothing an clawed their way to the top . Keep in mind that time is money its the only two things you can either spent or invest. I say this because the amount of time and money you invest in your craft is a direct reflection of the level of success you will achieve. "Time management is a essential part of success ." Whatever role you aspire to play in the industry you must learn what it takes to excel in that positon . Whether school, interning or shadowing someone successful in that field you must be willing to put in plenty of work. I notice especially in the Hip Hop culture we are very isolated. Everyone feels like their better than the next man . When the most important part of success is being left out an that is the ability to network . You never know what someone is capable of doing so dont leave any rock unturned . I see so many artist that feel like they should already be signed . Lets face it the industry is changing and unless you have a huge fanbase then you not getting signed. However if you have capital then you can come to the labels with something to offer . If you put two and two together then the doors will open. In closing I ask.What does success mean to you? 4:30: draft

2 comments:

  1. Since you asked...

    To me success is accomplishing your goal. Plain & simple. So I agree it really is in the eye of the beholder. I also like how you used that to describe something besides beauty.

    But since in this case i'd be the beholder, in my eyes success is when I accomplish my goals & dreams which includes sharing love & keeping my family happy. I got a list though, movies, video games, music, truth love joy & happiness. With love actually being at the top. I feel like out of all of those the one thing i've achieved is truth of self. I know who I am & I know who I want to be & I know where i'm going. I've found some things on the list are easy to accomplish & some might take more time but as long as I have faith in god & my own goals & dreams everything becomes easy.

    One thing is for sure the fuel that keeps me going is my destination. Sometimes i'll be in a car with friends just wanting to go somewhere but the driver might stop the car, take the keys out the ignition & go "ok but where are we going?" Almost 90 percent of the time I really don't have an answer & then we're stuck doing nothing sitting in a car. But my life isn't like that...I always know where i'm headed & where i'm going...the car never stops running I only stop to eat & take some bathroom breaks. Maybe that's why I never feel stuck, always something driving me to my next destination. This keeps me happy. Doesn't matter how many road blocks or how much traffic on the road, i'm gonna get to my destination it's not like i'm sitting in my park asking "well where are we gonna go?" Only question I have is "when am I gonna get there?"

    So it's been a long car ride & who knows how many highways there are to cross over, imma stay taking the high road go get my girl & find my dreams come true..then imma just give back maybe even solve world hunger.

    To be honest other than achieving my dreams having a loving family soulmate etc...life is just one big place filled with happiness & that includes whether we're happy or sad.

    Alright time to get back on the road & achieve my dreams, thx for the insight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *sitting with my car in park asking* haha well we all make mistakes, it's what makes us human. In fact one of the cool things I learned in drama was "listen if you make a mistake just keep going most people won't notice it" They made pencils with erasers for a reason but apparently I can't erase my comment typo :-)

    ReplyDelete