Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Common vs Drake (THE REAL REASON BEHIND THE BEEF SERENA ??)














Oh word? More rappers have beef with each other? Is there a reason for it? Oh, I didn’t think so. Now in case you missed it, there’s apparently a beef brewing between Common and Drake. The “problem” allegedly started due to the song “Sweet” from Com’s new album, The Dreamer/The Believer. In the song, Com goes on a rant about soft/singing rappers, and of course, everyone assumed he was talking about Drake. Now, subliminal shots are being thrown everywhere, and truthfully, I don’t really see the point of it all.
At first, Com stated the song was about “whoever the cap fits,” and I definitely wanted to give him the “C’mon Son” face. Even though I don’t really see the point in calling out Drake, if you’re going to go that route, just claim it. Clearly Drake thought it was about him, because at a recent concert in California, Aubrey said “I will never stop doing this for ya’ll. I don’t give a fuck if you have something to say to me. Say it to my muthafuckin’ face. Just cause I sing don’t make me no bitch.” Next, there was a cryptic message on Twitter, where Drake said “Platinum. Now THAT’S Sweet!” Of course, that tweet was deleted shortly after that.
Now you have Com confirming to Sway and Devi Dev that Drake was an inspiration for the song. He chalks it up to simple battling, but truthfully, I don’t think this is going to help Com at all. It’s no secret I’m a fan of damn near all of Com’s catalog, but does he really want to go against the overzealous Drake/Young Money fans? Because that’s who he’ll really be battling. I mean let’s be real son: while I’m an avid supporter of Drake’s music, he’s no match for Com on the mic. This is really going to come down to all of the teenagers who will go out of their way to shit on Common. Yeah, calling out Drake brings some attention to his new album, but I don’t know if it’s the attention he wants. Going against a platinum artist doesn’t necessarily ensure album sales. I mean damn son, you even got Drake’s right hand man40 talking about being called a bitch for owning a Common CD back in High School. I really don’t see how this will end well.
I wonder how Obama feels about this situation after inviting Common to the White House. This makes a prominent actor and artist look classless lets just make good hip hop because things tend to get off wax and become personal . Both Drake and Common are talented artist keep doing yall thing I can't wait for the Common VS Drake mixtape drops 1/13/12 on http://www.datpiff.com  .
P.S. I have to agree with Drake about one thing: singing doesn’t automatically make him a bitch. I know he’s an easy target, but maybe we need to leave that man alone. He actually makes good music.
P.P.S. If this beef is really about who’s going to claim Serena Williams, I can’t really be mad at that. I mean, look at that fatty!! sheesh..

No comments:

Post a Comment